Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Mushroom Soup!

I LOVE soup. Something about making soup makes me feel all Rachael Ray-ish. (Although, I think she's more prone to making her "stoup" than regular soup.... I think it's just the chopping of vegetables and EVOO that sends me there.) There are several soup recipes that I adore, especially when the weather is chilly, but as a mushroom lover - this is hands-down my favorite. I've made it with the heavy whipping cream it calls for, but I also sometimes substitute half and half when my fat clothes are feeling a little on the snug side.

If you decide to try it, remember to add the garlic. It's in the ingredients list, but not in the recipe. Add it when you cook the celery and carrots near the beginning.

Crust up a loaf of french bread to dip in the soup. You'll be SO glad you did.

Link to recipe:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/soups/the-mushroom-soup/

No comments: