Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Book Reviews - March 2010

1. Maire - Linda Windsor
There was a time in my life I would have read every book in this series. Is it a series? Wait, I must conference with Google - PAUSE - OK, yes it is the first book in the Fires of Gleannmara series. I did like it. Do you have to learn anything about history for a book to be considered historical fiction? (That was just a side question and total irrelevant to this review.) What was I saying? Oh yes. Liked it. Did I love it? I think the fact that I put it in my purse and a week later realized that I had been reading a book and wondered where it had gone to pretty much answers "no" to that question. It was good though. Just not "can't put down" good. I promise I was not taking any drugs when I wrote this review.

2. A Form of Godliness - Shane Johnson
I really, really liked this book. I was also really, really freaked out by it. It begins with another 9-11 type terrorist attack (also known by it's date from that point on...) and then jumps 10 years later to show how the U.S. has changed and continues though all kinds of things that I can totally see actually happening. I can't deny that these kinds of books make me want to build some sort of hideaway and hoard canned meat and bottled water. I recommend this book highly.

3. Halos - Kristen Heitzmann
I read this book in just a couple of days. It is not horribly long and it kept my attention from the very beginning. It was somewhat predictable, and I was fairly sure who the "bad guy" was, although at one point she did make me wonder if I might be wrong about that. I liked it and recommend it.

At this moment I'm about 1/2 way through "So Long Insecurity" by Beth Moore and "Sisterchicks Go Brit" by Robin Jones Gunn. Also in my TO BE READ pile is "The Middle Place" by Kelly Corrigan, along with so many other books that it would take too long to type them all.

No comments: