Friday, March 12, 2010

Book Wish List

I'm fairly certain I've mentioned Paperback Swap - or PBS - on here before (www.paperbackswap.com). One of my favorite things on PBS is my Wish List. I love getting an email that one of my wish list books is available. Here is a sampling of some of the books currently on my wish list, where my standing is on the list, and (if they gave it) the estimated time until I will be offered the book. I love to go check my list every week or two and see if I'm getting any closer to some of the books and where my position on the list is.

Some of the books I requested in both paperback and hardcover, because I just want it however I can get it first. In those cases, I've only listed one of those times. They only give you estimated times if that book has been posted on a regular enough basis to calculate an estimate. Some of these seem unreasonably long, but it goes faster than you would think.

If anyone has book suggestions for my list, I'd love to hear them!

The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff - 91 of 91, estimated 11 weeks

Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin - 44 of 224

The Commoner: A Novel by John Burnham Schwartz - 37 of 37, estimated 13 weeks

Mennonite in a Little Black Dress: A Memoir of Going Home by Rhoda Janzen - 292 of 293, estimated 146 weeks!!!!

The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan - 2 of 4, estimated 1 week

Shanghai Girls by Lisa See - 68 of 678, estimated 17 weeks

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski - 252 of 316

The Telling (Seasons of Grace) by Beverly Lewis - 47 of 182

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher - 37 of 250

No comments: