Thursday, January 21, 2010

Speed Scrapping and Eating (not so) Right

This will have to be a short post because I have another "speed scrap" in about 10 minutes. Or maybe I'm going to watch Fringe. I haven't really decided yet, and I feel like I haven't given my TV viewing priority lately. I would hate to neglect my DVR. It's very important to me and I think I need to let it know that every so often.

Speed scrapping is where you are part of an online chat and instructions are put up one at a time and you do whatever it says: "Pick three pictures. Make one large and two small" "Pick four papers" "Put a flower in one of the corners" and so forth and so on. You never really know what you're going to come up with. I always end up fudging a little bit because sometimes the instructions are just wonky. Since I have a boy not all instructions involving flowers and ribbons really work with him. These are my last two speed scrap pages:

I have a thing for buttons, if you haven't noticed.


John and I are doing well on losing weight in 2010. Last week at my Weight Watchers weigh-in I had lost FIVE, yes FIVE pounds. Of course, that was all weight I had gained during the holidays so I can't rejoice over it too much. I lost another pound this week. Then John bought a bag of mini chocolate chips because Samuel wanted chocolate chip pancakes. They have been my downfall for the past couple of days. I won't be satisfied until I have consumed them all and the bag is empty. It's a sad state of things, but that's just what be. I will get myself under control eventually. If I can just lose .2 of a pound more in January then I will have surpassed my goal for the month. Not too shabby... Now if I can just put down this bag of chocolately goodness.

Samuel is spending the night with his grandparents tomorrow. He looks forward to it because grandma always watches America's Funniest Home Videos with him. This morning he announced to me that he hadn't seen it in awhile and he was so glad he was going to get to because he "couldn't live without comedy!" After a moment more thought he added, "and chocolate milk!" At least he gets plenty of both around here.

I've suddenly become very interested in photography and I want to figure out what all my camera can do. I doubt it's much, but I need to find the manual around this house somewhere. This may turn out to be quite a search, but I'm sure it'll turn up.

No comments: