Monday, October 6, 2008

Writing the Bible

Crosswalk.com sends me a weekly email with interesting articles, movie reviews, etc... I always enjoy these emails and read most of the articles that they provide links for. Back a couple weeks ago, the first article in their email was called "Writing the Bible Can Be Good for Your Soul". After reading it, I decided to give it a try. They suggest a verse or a chapter, but my inner overachiever kicked in and I've started writing the book of Psalms in the NKJV. I've written the first five chapters in a pretty pink notebook. I can't say I've memorized the scriptures, but it sure does make you think about each and every word when you are writing them. And I end up re-reading the verses multiple times, if only to make sure I didn't miss a word or phrase. Here is the article:

http://www.crosswalk.com/spirituallife/11581909/

After I started this writing project, I saw an advertisement about the Zondervan "Bible Across America Tour". Zondervan is taking a bus across America and having the Bible (NIV version) hand-written out one verse at a time. I would love to be a part of it...they will be in Chattanooga on November 30th, so I'm going to try to be there.

http://www.bibleacrossamerica.com/home.php

1 comment:

thoughts of me said...

Hey I think I did it! Now I can post on your blog! YAY!!! as I said in an email to you just now I think writing the Bible scriptures down is a good idea. I am going to try it.