Friday, September 16, 2011

5 Things and a Book Review

So, I've decided to start posting book reviews again.  Sort of.  I just really liked "The Help" and wanted to tell someone.  You've been told.  That's pretty much my entire review.  You should read it.  I feel better already.

A few things of note:

1.  The Living Proof Live simulcast with Beth Moore on September 10th was PHENOMENAL.  Seriously.  Even though I was with people from work, I was also sort of alone (hard to explain) and yet I still had the best day.  The free mocha latte to start it all didn't hurt anything either.  I didn't want to leave when it was over, so I popped my Travis Cottrell CD into the van player and sang "In Christ Alone" as loud as I could several times on the way home.

2.  Next weekend I will be attending the .mom (that's dot mom) conference in Birmingham, AL and I am SO EXCITED!!  I plan to review it on the blog when I come back.  Stay tuned!

3.  Tomorrow morning I will getting up and walking on my treadmill.  I really mean it this time.  No, seriously, I do.  I made a fitness schedule today and I intend to follow it.

4.  Tomorrow I will also be digital scrapbooking with my buddies Jenn & Jennifer, so plan on seeing some cool pages displayed here if I happen to finish any.  The last time we scrapbooked together I was a complete waste of space.  They scrapbooked and I sat there playing on my computer.  For TWO WHOLE DAYS.

5.  Speaking of schedules (see #3), I also made a housekeeping schedule and a meal planning schedule.  I actually made the meal schedule earlier this month, but I have been tweaking it.  Instead of planning the week's meals just before going to the grocery store, I wrote out our meal plans for the ENTIRE MONTH.  And you know what?  It has been really, really great.  I've already started my October schedule.  As for housekeeping, well, that is not going quite as well.  I've got to leave room for improvement somewhere!

Until next time -

No comments: